Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mary and Me

Good day, all.
My name is Josh and I am currently a BUSY student in college. I am studying art and hoping to get a degree in it within the next two years. I've had a few blogs in the past but because my life changed and I grew older, I stopped posting on them. Apparently many people viewed them and are hungry for more knowledge, so here I am again. :) I have always had a strong love for the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ. Since I was a little boy, Mary has played a prominent role in my daily life. Looking at photos of me, that is obvious. :) Growing up in a Roman Catholic family, Mary was held as the heavenly mother of each person in my home. To my mother, twin brother, and sister, Mary is someone "extra" for them to focus their devotions on. On the other hand, for me, Mary has been a beacon in the violent storm of daily life, my refuge, and my comfort. She has bestowed many graces upon me, graces I hope to share with others. The purpose of this blog is to invite you all to re-discover Mary. There is SO much about her we can learn. My hope is that through my relationship with the heavenly Mother, you may all form a closer bond with her.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Josh - it looks great so far. Can't wait for more. Why do you have a mask on in that one picture? Also will you be putting up 'followers'? So people can follow you? Thanks for putting my blog on your list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! Thank you!
    I am actually sanding down that statue of Mary and getting all of the old paint off in that picture. My friend and I originally began sanding her without the masks but after a while, we started coughing and I didn't feel well. So we decided to be precautionary and wear the masks!
    How do you put 'followers' on a blog? I am not very tech savvy :)

    ReplyDelete